Luscious Lemon Scones
* 2 c. powdered sugar
* 0.333 c. butter, melted
* 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 0.5 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1.5 Tbsp. water, or as needed
1) Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the grated butter and mix with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) In a small bowl, mix the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vinegar.
4). Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Don't overmix! After a few stirs, knead the dough together into a ball.
5) Roll the ball out to 1" thick on a lightly floured surface.
6) Bake in a preheated 350F oven, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
7) Let the scones cool for at least 15 minutes.
8) While the scones are cooling, making the optional glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, until smooth. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, until the glaze is a good consistency for drizzling.